While we are certain you are eager to make use of our services, Carfone does ask that you take your time to view the legal information contained on these pages. Doing so will not only inform you of both your rights and that of Carfone, but can also help you avoid any costly damages or legal challenges that may arise.
Terms & Conditions
(What your rights and that of Carfone are)
Terms and Conditions apply to any visitor to the Carfone who browse or use the site to purchase services and products. This is intended to protect both your rights and the rights of Carfone.
- Visiting the Carfone website is at your own risk.
- Consumers’ rights are protected as stipulated by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act of 2002.
- Carfone is committed to protecting your privacy as required by law>
- The contents of the website are provided “as is” and Carfone does not guarantee or warrant the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
- Carfone ensures to provide the products and services as advertised and provide support and maintenance as required, but Carfone cannot quarantee or warrant the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
- Carfone reserves the right to suspend or terminate Internet access due to non-payment by the consumer or as ordered by law.
- The consumer is obliged to pay for VAT or any regulatory duties or taxes.
- Carfone cannot be held liable for any losses or damages incurred by the consumer from breaching warranties or neglecting to study the legal documents on this site.
- Carfone is obliged to provide advance notice to consumers of any changed to their service.
- Carfone does not support the use of its facilities to send unsolicited mass emails (“spam) for commercial purposes, viruses or any meterial that is deemed illegal by the laws and regulations of the Republic.
- The consumer is obliged to keep their names and passwords confidential. Carfone cannot be held liable for the consequences of disclosing this information to a third party by the consumer.
Acceptable Use Policy
(See what forms of conduct are seen as unacceptable with regards to the use of Carfone products and services.)
Thank you for taking your time to view the Carfone Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). The purpose of this policy to protect both you, our clients, and Carfone by highlighting what forms of conduct Carfone views as unacceptable Please take the time to study these items and send any queries you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the AUP is to:
- ensure that we comply with the laws and regulations of the Republic
- specify to customers and users what activities and behaviour is unacceptable
- specify the consequences of such activities and behaviour
- protect customers and users from abuse or harassment
- ensure the integrity of Carfone’s products and services
By using Carfone’s products and services you agree to comply with all policies on this site, including the AUP.
Carfone’s services may also be used for purposes or activities that do not violate the laws and regulations of the Republic. Unlawful actions include, but are not limited to:
- The sending of bulk unsolicited emails (“spam”), chain letters and malicious emails
- The distribution of material that violate international laws, including child pornography
- The promotion of hate speech, discrimination, violence and obscenities
- The distribution of intellectual property (Ip) without consent from the owner
- Fraudulent activities that include pyramid schemes, impersonating another user or entering transactions on behalf of another without their consent
- The sale or distribution of illegal or pirated software
- The violation of another user’s rights
- The circumventing of security measures of other parties (“hacking”)
- Any activity that hampers the delivery of services ti users
Complaints and Procedures
It is the customer’s responsibility to familiarise himself with the complaints procedures and to report any violations of the AUP to Carfone. Please note that Carfone cannot handle complaints concerning networks or users who are not contracted with us or who are outside our control.
In order for Carfone to investigate any AUP violations and take the necessary action, customers must provide as much information as possible, in writing, via fax or email. This information includes the origin of the abuse or offense, why it violates the AUP and the contact details of the complainant. Carfone discourages making anonymous complaints, though we will act on them if enough information is supplied.
Action to be taken in the event of AUP violation
Upon receiving complaints or becoming aware of a violation, Carfone will immediately take the necessary steps, which may include:
- The investigation of a user, which may include a written warning or the suspension or termination of services for the period of the investigation
- The notification of the network administrator of the violation and requesting action to address the incedent
- Charging the offenders for lost machine or man hours that result from the incident
- Instituting legal proceedings
- Sharing information on the incident and the offenders to other service providers and law enforcement agencies
Reservation and Non Waiver of Rights
Carfone reserves the right to change the contents of this policy without notice.
Carfone reserves the right to take action against any individuals or groups who violate the AUP to the fullest extent of the law.
Carfone reserves the right to act against other abuses not listed in this document.
Carfone reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for security purposes and prevent any authorised attempts to tamper with or damage our property.
Carfone does not undertake to guarantee the security of data passing through our networks.
Carfone does not waive its right to enforce the AUP at any time or prejudice its right to take subsequent action, should Carfone fail, neglect or elect not to enforce a breach of the AUP at any time.
(How Carfone handles your private information.)
While visiting our site and using any of our services, Carfone automatically collects information via cookies (a data file on your computer that is stored when you visit the site). This information is then stored on our data banks and used to improve our services to you. You are, however, free to set your browser to reject cookies, but be aware that this may result in some pages not loading properly or your being asked to enter your information more than once.
We also collect data that you provide when you subscribe to our services, purchase a product or send us email request. This informaition may be shared with our affliates in order to complete transactions, to comply with laws and regulations or improve service delivery.
Carfone will not share this personal information with any third parties or unauthorised individuals and this information is deleted when it is no longer required or you unsubscribe from our services. We are not obliged to release this information to anyone else unless required to do so by the laws of the Republic.
The Carfone website contains links to other sites belonging to unrelated third parties. Carfone does not endorse the content of these sites and cannot be held responsible for the disclosure of your private information on there sites. When you visit these sites, Carfone is not liable for any damage or losses incurred on these sites.
Carfone has taken all possible measures to ensure that personal data is stored in a secure manner and protected from unauthorised users. We are constantly updating our security software and standards and using new technology to further protect your information.
(The rights of Carfone and the rules of using this website.)
Using this website you agree to and accept the website “as is” and that you use this site at your own risk. Carfone cannot be held liable for any losses, expenses or damage, whether directly or indirectly, coming from accessing the website, your use of the information on this site or using services on the site.
Carfone does not warrant or guarantee that the information on this website is correct, accurate complete or free of errors. Information and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or as representing the opinion of management. Users are advised to seek consultation before acting upon the content provided on this website.
While Carfone has taken all the necessary measures, the company does not guarantee or warrant that all files, products or information on this website are free of viruses, destructive content or other code that could corruption, damage or compromise your system. You accept all risks associated with the existence of such malicious content.
Carfone may, at any time and at its discretion, add, change, remove or otherwise alter any content or aspect of this website or the content of the legal policies without prior notice.